Why should you support the VBRS Foundation?
When you make a donation to the Foundation, you may designate it to help a specific rescue squad, or you may direct that it be invested in a fund that benefits the Virginia Beach volunteer rescue system as a whole.
The Stats are in…and the value to our community can’t be beat!
- The Virginia Beach volunteer rescue squads of today serve a population of more than 450,000 residents, plus 2.8 million tourists who visit the resort area annually.
- Citywide, the Squads respond to over 48,000 calls per year and have a 97% customer satisfaction rating.
- The 10 volunteer rescue squads combined operate 38 ambulances, two squad trucks, 5 boats, 10 zone cars, support & command vehicles, state-of-the-art sonar and have over 1,000 volunteers, augmented with over 50 career paramedics and supervisors.
- Volunteers’ time and resources on behalf of public health and safety is valued at over $23 million each year.
- The Squads have equipment and infrastructure assets of more than $5 million, and they raise $2.1 million each year in private contributions.
- The service still does not charge its patients for services.
Virginia Beach volunteer rescue squads include:
- Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Davis Corner Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Chesapeake Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Princess Anne Courthouse Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Creeds Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Kempsville Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Blackwater Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Plaza Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Sandbridge Volunteer Rescue Squad